It also happened to by my BILs bday this past week. So we celebrated everything yesterday. So I made a card for him including the giftcard inside. I got the idea of the latest ben franklin show. The joy of crafting show with Joy. She has a cute blog that shows new ideas and other things the store will be doing or just got in. I watched the episode where Cheryl from Sizzix introduced her version of a pulley/slider card. She also has a blog too. You should check it out!
Anyways, I watched and had been wanting to a pulley card like this, but never had the time to figure one out. So after seeing this episode I set off to do my card. However, there were no instructions available online. So I just made it up as I went along. So heres the card finished and closed.
I made it about 4 and a half wide and tall. Just to fit into a regular sized envelope. I dont have special size envelopes and never get the time to make them. I embossed the outside Java paper w/happy bday Cuttlebug folder. Wrapped a piece of aqua cdstk embossed with cuttlebug Swiss dots folder I believe. The DP is abbey road stripe, stamped sentiment is from Stampendous in Jumbo Java Versa Magic ink. Two green dew drops and some green organza ribbon finish off the project. I used an piece of ribbon inside to create the pulley system. Just like in the episode. My suggestion would be to definetly use organza or silky ribbon for easy pulling. And also sturdy cardstock inside where the pulley goes. Maybe I will do a tutorial...if I can figure out how.
Heres the card opened. I put the gift card on top cause my BIL is a fisherman and I thought it was funny for the card to open with the gift. Like he did 'hanapa'a' something. Haha, that means he hooked up to a fish or in this case...a hanapa'a gift card! He really got a kick outta the card. Couldnt stop laughing and opening and closing it. So did everyone else.
Thanks for hanging with my long post, but Im feeling so much better and wanted to share the first crafty thing Ive done in a while!! Have a great last day of the long weekend :)


Glad to hear that you are all feeling better! Love the pulley card! Can't wait to see the tutorial...
ReplyDelete